Saturday 27 October 2012

Clay Fun


This Friday, the children had a chance to explore and manipulate a new art material - clay.
The teachers showed the children some picture books and illustation about shapes that can be made by clay. Then, the children had plenty time to manipulate and be familiar with clay.



The children gained some tactile experience; as well, they learned the skills to work with clay, like rolling, punching, squeezing and pinching.


I can stack little pieces of clay up!
I can pinch clay into small pieces.
My clay became long and narrow
when I roll it!



Squeeze the clay with two hands!
Punch! Punch! I can make my clay flat.

With the tactile experience and practice, the children started to make different shapes and to create thing they want to make!
Look! I made a spiral!
"I made a circle!"



"This is a flat dress!"


We all got white hands at the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment